Thursday, October 12, 2023

Over 80 percent of Americans refused last COVID booster

Reported 5 main reasons

(GOP USA) – Most Americans eligible for a COVID-19 bivalent booster chose not to get it, and researchers say they now know why.

Previous research found that over 80 percent of Americans eligible for the booster decided against it. A new survey administered between February 13 and March 29 of nearly 2,200 Arizona respondents, averaging 53 years old, revealed why those who chose to forgo the booster did so in the fall of 2022.

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND's Email News Alerts!

Those who shied away from the shot reported doing so for five main reasons. 

Nearly 40 percent said they had already been infected with the COVID-19 virus. 

Over 30 percent were concerned about vaccine side effects, and 28.6 percent felt the bivalent booster would not provide more protection than the doses they had already received. 

About 23 percent were either concerned about vaccine safety or believed the extra dose would not protect against a COVID-19 infection. 

Twelve percent said they didn’t think the booster would protect them against severe disease or death.

TRENDING: Only emboldened terrorists': Biden urged to freeze $6 billion earmarked for Iran

Read the full story ›


No comments:

Post a Comment