Friday, February 5, 2021

MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE

 


I Don’t Want A Fake Jesus 

H L Ford


My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: John 10:27 KJV


Fake. Facsimile. Imitation. 

These words are acceptable when you’re buying a purse or a Christmas tree. 

But when it’s a phony gospel, that’s an eternally serious matter.

I once had a fake Jesus. 

I believed He was the son of God and if I was really good enough, I might get to meet Him someday in heaven after I die. 

The fake Jesus required me to be good enough to go. 

If I could be good enough, the Real Jesus would never have had to die in my place.

I didn’t know that God is Spirit. 

I didn’t know the real Jesus communicates to His people—spirit to spirit--on earth where we need Him. 

I didn’t know that I could hear His voice. 

I didn’t know He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and that the miracles He did in the gospels, He is still doing today. 

The fake Jesus does not.

I was skeptical of people who claimed “God told me,” especially when the fruit of their lives contradicted their claims. 

Today, I am not afraid to say, “Jesus spoke to me” because I’m a sheep of His pasture and He said, “My sheep hear My voice.”

The thing about sheep is they don’t always obey their Master’s voice. 

But my Real Jesus has a shepherd’s hook for reeling them back in line. 

He lovingly corrects me with His word.

I’m so thankful I know My Shepherd now on earth where I need His guidance every day. 

His rod and His staff, they comfort me.

Lord, if I wander away, please draw me back and hold me close to Your heart. My heart’s desire is to hear Your voice and obey it.

H L Ford’s books are available on Amazon.comContact

No comments:

Post a Comment