Make
every effort to live in Peace with all men
AND
TO BE HOLY
WITHOUT
HOLINESS NO ONE WILL SEE THE LORD.
(Hebrews
12:14)
Strive
to live in Peace with everybody,
AND
PURSUE THAT CONSECRATION AND HOLINESS
WITHOUT
WHICH NO ONE WILL [EVER] SEE THE LORD.
(Hebrews
12:14, AMP)
Let
us realize that this single statement Sums up the Gospel.
The
whole point of the Gospel,
Is
that at the End of this natural life
We
might spend Eternity with the Lord.
However,
without Holiness this cannot be accomplished.
WHAT
IS HOLINESS?
In
the highest sense belongs to God ( Isaiah
6:3 ; Revelation
15:4 ),
and to Christians as consecrated to God's service, and in so far as
they are conformed in all things to the will of God ( Romans
6:19; 6:22 ; Ephesians
1:4 ; Titus
1:8 ; 1 Peter
1:15 ).
Personal holiness is a work of gradual development. It is carried on
under many hindrances, hence the frequent admonitions to
watchfulness, prayer, and perseverance ( 1 Corinthians
1:30; 2 Corinthians 7:1 ; Ephesians
4:23; 4:24 ).
(See SANCTIFICATION .)
HOLINESS IS THE CRUCIFIED LIFE
I
have been Crucified with Christ and I no longer live
But it
is Christ Who lives in me
And
this life that I now live I live by Faith in the Son of God
And
His Power at work in me (Galatians 2:20; Colossians 1:29))
I Set
my heart on things Above (Colossians 3:1-4)
My
life is Hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
I
cloth myself with the Garments of Christ (Romans 13:14)
And
let His Word dwell richly in me (Colossians 3:16)
No comments:
Post a Comment