Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I WILL DELIGHT MYSELF IN YOUR STATUTES

I MEDITATE – by Linzy Bruno

"I have rejoiced in the ways of Your testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and contemplate Your ways. I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your ways...." Psalm 119.14-16 NKJV.

If I were a film maker, my movie would be called: "I Meditate." In my version, I would depict God's people running to their bibles, instead of their phones, whenever they had a problem and sometimes even when they didn't.
Although it's human nature to relate to stories that concentrate on the goals, successes/struggles and delights of this world; stories that focus on God's word and godly things would be much more satisfying to the spirit, as well as the soul. I can't make a movie, but I can AND DO meditate on God's word, as a part of my daily life and when I do; I fill with joy all over and through my being.

Recognizing the power of scripture can change our ordinary, human existence into a life so full and rewarding, it actually seems unfair to keep it to ourselves! That's why I'm making it a goal of mine to spread this glorious news. I wish I could shout it from the rooftops; but I am fortunate and so blessed to have found a cyber place in which to share just this type of discovery. I pray this writing will inspire others to discover the miraculous gift of meditation.

PRAYER: Teach me to run to Your throne instead of my phone in all things; I long for Your precepts Father. Keep me and maintain me in Your ways all the days of my life, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment