ALIENS AND SNAKES – by Mary Toll
“Sophie, you are from another planet if you call yourself healed.” Althea badgered
her sister, who suffered from diabetes.
Sophie continued to praise the Lord during the service, thanking Jesus that by His stripes she was healed.
When challenged about my faith for healing, I turned to the Lord. He set before me these two words: Word and World. The letter,l, jumped out like a snake…Satan! This was about the god of this world and Jesus, the Word made flesh. Was I going to believe the devil (and the world) about healing or put my faith in Jesus?
Eve, who had all of life’s provision in the garden without toil, was robbed of those blessings when she agreed with the serpent who twisted God’s commands. Out of the woodwork today, the serpent’s reprobate logic can influence media, health care, music, academics, and even from the pulpit. His goal is to kill, steal, and destroy a Christian’s faith.
Believers are in great alien company. Jesus reveals the world’s rejection of His Word because of Satan and likens the Scriptures and believers to Himself. “I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am not of the world…they are not of the world, even as I am not of it.” (John 17:14,16 NIV).
Who inspires your healing? Is it the ancient serpent, who claims, “I will make myself like the Most High” (Isaiah 14:13-14), and burns in eternal flames or a God who can raise dead things to life by the Holy Spirit, for He is the same today as when He told Abraham, “Is there anything too hard or wonderful for me?” (Genesis 18:14).
“Sophie, you are from another planet if you call yourself healed.” Althea badgered
her sister, who suffered from diabetes.
Sophie continued to praise the Lord during the service, thanking Jesus that by His stripes she was healed.
When challenged about my faith for healing, I turned to the Lord. He set before me these two words: Word and World. The letter,l, jumped out like a snake…Satan! This was about the god of this world and Jesus, the Word made flesh. Was I going to believe the devil (and the world) about healing or put my faith in Jesus?
Eve, who had all of life’s provision in the garden without toil, was robbed of those blessings when she agreed with the serpent who twisted God’s commands. Out of the woodwork today, the serpent’s reprobate logic can influence media, health care, music, academics, and even from the pulpit. His goal is to kill, steal, and destroy a Christian’s faith.
Believers are in great alien company. Jesus reveals the world’s rejection of His Word because of Satan and likens the Scriptures and believers to Himself. “I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am not of the world…they are not of the world, even as I am not of it.” (John 17:14,16 NIV).
Who inspires your healing? Is it the ancient serpent, who claims, “I will make myself like the Most High” (Isaiah 14:13-14), and burns in eternal flames or a God who can raise dead things to life by the Holy Spirit, for He is the same today as when He told Abraham, “Is there anything too hard or wonderful for me?” (Genesis 18:14).
No comments:
Post a Comment